You Made It – Now What?
With any luck (and lots preparation), your retirement years will be everything you hoped for, but there will still be work to do. Your biggest initial challenge will be recreating the income streams you had when you were working. But it won’t stop there:
Saving Enough & Making it Last
- Did you save enough, and will your savings last longer than you do?
- What can you do to protect yourself and your partner against outliving your assets?
- What income distribution (and spending) strategies should you use to cover fixed, variable, and unexpected expenses?
- If you need to use your assets, which ones should you tap first? Does it matter? (Yes.)
- Are you fortunate enough to have a pension, and if so, what payout option should you exercise?
- When should you start taking Social Security payments?
Planning for your Health and Long-term Care
- How do you navigate the Medicare health and drug plans?
- What role should Long-term Care insurance play in your financial plan – as a means of providing care and protecting assets?
Passing it On
- Is your estate plan up to date? Is it structured to provide for each other and to ensure that your assets are distributed according to your wishes?
- Are you interested in leaving a legacy to both your family and a charitable institution? What role can life insurance play in this goal?
Call to discuss your situation in greater detail, and learn how we can help take some of the variables out of your retirement years.